Goodbye To A Friend

Please use this forum as a place to share and exchange ideas. Comments here are open to anyone who wants to participate in discussion, as long as they are a registered member. Personal attacks directly or indirectly will not be tolerated and will result in removal of privileges. The Administrator or Moderator has the authority to remove any posts deemed unfit or reflecting negatively towards this club.

Moderators: Renegade, Webmaster Renegade Bass, Michael Vandenberg

Goodbye To A Friend

Postby Craig Chadwick » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:12 am

With a heavy heart I pass along the news of Murray Rodgers passing. I will miss my fishing partner, my pal......my friend. My heart goes out to Geri and his family. I truley will miss you.

Craig
Craig Chadwick

Re: Goodbye To A Friend

Postby Ed Puddephatt » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:32 am

He will be truly missed. My condolences to the family.

Ed
Save a bass Eat a chicken
Ed Puddephatt

Postby Michael Vandenberg » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:02 pm

My sincere condolences to the Geri and the rest of the family. Murray will be missed. It was always a pleasure to chat with Murray before and after tournaments. Murray fished last year's Pro-Am and is was great to see him out enjoying life and out on the water. RIP is peace my friend!

Mike
Michael Vandenberg

Postby Steve Barnett » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:27 pm

My condolences to the family.
Murray will be truly missed. RIP

Steve
I like my slop!.........How I like my hamburgers!..............Thick with lots of cheese!
Steve Barnett

Postby Gary Noel » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:38 pm

My condolences to Geri and the family. As Mike V mentioned, Murray's participation in Renegade's Pro-Am last year was a true testament to how much he really loved the sport.
Tight lines Murray.

Gary
Gary Noel

Postby Matt Massey » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:36 pm

Murray was one of the best. Getting to know the Murray over the years, he was always full of life and always there to fire a dig at me and back again while Craig sat there and laughed or joined the fray.

I'll truly miss the man and the laughter.
Matt Massey

Postby Paul Shibata » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:55 pm

Undoubtedly anyone whom has met Murray will certainly communicate how much he will be missed. He was a sincere friend to everybody and genuinely cared about all of us. Murray was always quick with words of encouragement and more importantly he had an ability to spot the proverbial silver lining in every situation. As others have said, despite his pain, his participation last year in our Pro-Am was a moment few of us will ever forget. His effort and example should serve as a life lesson to all of us. As always he was supported by Gerri, his partner in Life's Tournaments and it was fitting that she was by his side at his last event as she had been for every one before. Renegade has lost a dearly loved family member and each of should embrace life as he has demonstrated the importance of doing so. Murray played the hand that he was dealt and did so like a Classic Champion. We will miss you and you will never be forgotten.

My thoughts and prayers to Gerri and the family.
Last edited by Paul Shibata on Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Shibata

Postby John Henry » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:03 pm

Sad news indeed! Murray you'll be missed by many, it was a pleasure to know you both on and off the water! My sincere condolences to all of Murray's family.
John Henry

Postby Rob Jackson » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:24 pm

Murray was one of the best ambassadors Renegade could ever ask for. One of the most happy go lucky fellas I've ever met.

When speaking to Murray on the phone not too long after he knew his predicament I was floored and envious of his attitude, something I will never forget.

Seeing him at the Pro-Am for one last kick at the can as he said was a treat to see.

He will be surely missed by many, myself included.

RJ
Rob Jackson

Postby Wincell Spence » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:46 pm

"Only the good die young", and Murray was one of the best. His smiling face and quick wit will be sorely missed. My condolences to his whole family.

Wincell Spence
Wincell Spence

Postby Chris Roy » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:04 pm

It has been an honor to know Murray. His smiling face and words of encouragement have always been a bright light at Renegade events and I am sure to everyone who knew him in any walk of life. My sincere condolences to his Geri and all of his family. We will miss you Murray.

Chris
Chris Roy

Postby Chris Lawson » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:21 pm

My condolences to the Rodgers family and you as well Craig...cherish the memories.
Bennetts Bait n' Tackle, Hookset.com, Xcite baits, Picasso Outdoors, Lunker Lures
Chris Lawson

Postby Steve Horvath » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:32 pm

I'm reading this post with disbelief. My sincere condolences to Geri and all of his family. Murray was a true first class gentlemen, one of a kind. RIP my friend. You will be deaply missed. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Steve Horvath
Steve Horvath

Postby Corey Gaffney » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:12 pm

very sad news,he will truely be missed.
Corey Gaffney

Postby Yves Bazinet » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:08 pm

My condolences to Murray familly.
Yves Bazinet

Next

Return to Renegade Bass Tour Open Forum